Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: eel fish ?

hmmmm, maybe thats what was at big als after looking at the pics of the lungfish that looks very similar to what I remember seeing there....
    Last edited by bluedog800; April 14th, 2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Just a warning.... not judging........ many smaller fish get along fine when they are smaller........ but when they start hitting maturity they get more territorial and will show their true colours...... your oscar might be fine today, tomorrow and next week... but there will come a day that one fish or another will decide that they own the tank and then you may be pulling out a few bodies.....

I also try suggesting to people not mixing South American or Centrals with Africans..... they come from different environments and have different temperments...... they may all be cichlids, but one cannot group them together just becasue of that (you can keep rams, apistos and smaller angels with guppies and tetras..... yet they too are cichlids). Most SA's and CA's seem more laid back and they control a larger territory..... Africans are more frantic and control small nooks and crannies and skirmish amongst themselves in tighter areas....
    65 tanks running with 1700 gallons of water. Working on breeding South American cichlids and catfish, African cichlids, rare livebearers and various other projects

Grand Master Aquarium Horticulturist 5th Degree

Quote Originally Posted by sucker4plecos View Post
    Just a warning.... not judging........ many smaller fish get along fine when they are smaller........ but when they start hitting maturity they get more territorial and will show their true colours...... your oscar might be fine today, tomorrow and next week... but there will come a day that one fish or another will decide that they own the tank and then you may be pulling out a few bodies.....
    Ya the blue electric jack dempseys in my 75g are that way now they think there king poop of turd island lol

A lungfish would not work too well , he would starve to death with your oscar IMO

Breeder of Quality African Cichlids

List of Cichlids for sale @
    www.tropicalfever.ca

Terry Clements

Out of a job yet?....Keep buying foreign!

''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by fever View Post
    A lungfish would not work too well , he would starve to death with your oscar IMO
    Even if he was bigger when I got him ?? Hmmm.......

Most lungfish don't have good eyesight and would be out competed for food.

Breeder of Quality African Cichlids

List of Cichlids for sale @
    www.tropicalfever.ca

Terry Clements

Out of a job yet?....Keep buying foreign!

''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by fever View Post
    Most lungfish don't have good eyesight and would be out competed for food.
    My oscar seems picky he'll only eat live food or fresh food that's floating at the top lol....

I have a Khuli Loach and it's a nice addition to my tank. I have a wide variety of community fish and the kuhli hasn't had a problem with any of them.

well its a 130g tank 6ft long 24" h 18" h ... i like bigger type of fish not the small tiny guys .... just kinda thought eel like fish would be cool as heck in my big long tank in the kitchen... dont kno what else to stick in the tank with the little oscar hahaha right now it doing the cycle process, and i only have 2 rocks in it at the moment hahaha

Whatt about a black ghost knife fish ?? They look kinda cool...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast