Thread: Can water conditioner go bad?

Default Can water conditioner go bad?

Has anyone ever had water conditioner go bad

...Kevin

Default Water conditioner go bad ?

I have not had water conditioner go bad.
    Each boxing day, I usually purchase two large 64 ounce jugs of water conditioner at Big Al's Aquarium Services.
    It takes me a year to use them up, no problems with going bad.
    If you think there is an issue with your conditioner, take it back for a replacement, and see what they say.
    When in doubt, throw it out ...
    Zenin

Cichlids: from great challenges come great rewards.

I have a large jug of AQUA plus tap water conditioner, expires May 2006, with the push 'thing' dispenser on top.

I almost added some to a tank but I accidentally spilt some on the floor & noticed it had an odour =P~ , so.... I squirted some in a glass for closer inspection. The odour was so strong, extremely rancid, I almost lost my cookies :vom:

I won't be chancing it in any tank, I was curious if anyone had a similar experience. Weird....

...Kevin

Reims,
    I can't say I ever used Aqua Plus so I couldn't really tell you if the smell should be present but I can tell you that Prime by Seachem has quite a sulpur smell to it.

Dennis

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to add that we have a customer who has been keeping fish for a long time and he breeds angels, he said that everytime he would do a water change his angels would have clamped fins for the next 24 hours. He had switched to Prime a few years ago and after water changes there are no clamped fins. He swears by it. I posted a link where you can read other reviews about it. The best part is, it's the best conditioner out there in my opinion and it's the most cost effective.
    http://www.cichlid-forum.com/reviews...iew.php?id=324

Just a repeat from another thread, I thought it would fit in here also.
    Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path .